Rock Chick Rescue
Gabriel's Rapture
Sylvain Reynard

Review: Striking Distance by Pamela Clare

Striking Distance  - Pamela Clare

STRIKING DISTANCE is one of the most anticipated books for me this year. As a die-hard I-Team fangirl, waiting for this book was pure agony. Waiting years for it? Hell. But once I had this little baby in my hand, I found it nearly impossible to stop reading. Clare has a gift and it’s a rare one. But she uses it with care and a lot of deliberation. Her writing is always highly detailed, always on point and doesn’t waste any time with any unnecessary things.

As the sixth book in one of my all-time favourite series, Clare introduces Javier Corbray, a SEAL with a latin flare. His accent, his guitar playing and his sweet words are almost too good to be true but for one lucky lady, Laura Nilsson gets to call him her own.

But before the HEA, there is a lot that they have to go through in order to get there. And I mean, A LOT. If you’ve read Clare before, then you know what to expect – high-octane action, incredible detail and gut-wrenching emotion. If I had to describe this book in one word, it would be: INTENSE. Everything about this book, from the action, the emotions, the sex – it’s all intense and highly entertaining. You can be sure that there is never a dull moment in this book. I, myself, was holding my breath as some of the scenes played out.

By far my favourite thing about this book though is the reappearance of all my favourite characters in the previous books. I honestly adore these characters so much that I physically sat up and smiled whenever they made an appearance. I don’t know what it is about these characters, but after having read their books years ago, I still feel a connection to them and their stories. To me, that’s something special and not a lot of authors can accomplish. After finishing, STRIKING DISTANCE, I’m sure Javier and Laura will burrow in and find their own special spots in your hearts as well.

STRIKING DISTANCE is honest to God some of the best Romantic Suspense you will ever read. With nonstop action, intense emotions and a stellar cast of characters, you’ll be feeling more than just pulse-pounding adrenaline and suspense when you read this book. You’ll feel Javier and Laura’s fiery passion as well.

Hold on to your seats, readers, because when Clare strikes back, she does it in a big way!

*ARC provided by publisher

Source: http://www.underthecoversbookblog.com/2013/11/arc-review-striking-distance-by-pamela-clare.html