Rock Chick Rescue
Gabriel's Rapture
Sylvain Reynard

Review: Midnight's Surrender by Donna Grant

Midnight's Surrender: A Dark Warriors Holiday Novella - Donna Grant

In this Christmas novella featuring Rennie, a druid and Dale, a Warrior who used to work for the enemy are paired together in this short, but action-packed story.

When Rennie takes a fall and is unconscious, Dale helps her until she is on her feet again. Their romance is instant and quick, readying them for a test that will see how deep their emotions fun for one another. Harriet wants to buy off her land and when Rennie continues to refuse, Harriet takes more drastic measures.

Grant has some great characters in this novella. I loved the action and the storyline but felt that the HEA and the proclamations of love came on a little too swiftly. This is a short novella so I can understand the need to pace oneself, but the wrap up seemed too quick to really be believable. Also, considering this is a Christmas novella, I will say that the holiday theme is on the light side. It’s more of a sprinkle of Christmas cheer than anything else really.

All in all, this short in the Dark Warriors world was a pleasure to read.

*ARC provided by publisher

Source: http://www.underthecoversbookblog.com/2013/11/arc-review-midnights-surrender-by-donna-grant.html