Rock Chick Rescue
Kristen Ashley
Gabriel's Rapture
Sylvain Reynard
Blood Work: An Original Hollows Graphic Novel - Gemma Magno, Pedro Maia Maia, Kim Harrison 3.5 stars

This is the first graphic novel of the Hollows series by Kim Harrison. It’s a prequel to the Hollows series and I’m not sure how you would fare if you haven’t read the main series first. In BLOOD WORK, Harrison switches to Ivy’s POV and readers really see a more up close and personal look with the badass chick! I thought the switch in POV was very interesting and a really nice thing for Harrison to do. We get a more enhanced story and I think it really brings something extra to the series. Harrison has always been such a great storyteller.

In terms of the art, I liked it, but I also felt that it took some getting used to. Although, let me say that I thought the cover art was hands-down amazing! Ivy and her aura looked very cool and there’s some page time with Kisten so that was really awesome even though his rendition was not what I pictured in my head at all! Rachel’s spunk really comes across on the pages and for her, I liked some of her pictures more than others.

The ending seemed to wrap up a little too quick, but I thought that the action sequences were really well depicted in the graphic novel. All in all, if you’re a hardcore Hollows fan, then I do think it’s worth checking out.