Rock Chick Rescue
Kristen Ashley
Gabriel's Rapture
Sylvain Reynard
Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) - Tessa Bailey

Ginger Peet and her teenager sister, Willa are through with putting up with their mother’s crap. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Ginger faces temptation when she finds a purse that holds $50,000 in it. For her and her sister, that purse holds a future where they can run away from their negligent mother and finally live life on their own terms. Acting on survival instincts, Ginger takes the money, her sister and their coveted Dolly Parton statue and leave Nashville for Chicago. All is good until she meets her arrogant and annoying neighbor Derek Tyler…who also happens to be a cop. And this is when the chemistry sizzles of the pages!

I adored this book from beginning to end. As Bailey’s debut book, i have to say that I was very impressed with this one. Not only did she present readers with a hot, dirty-talking cop, but she also brought readers a fun heroine who has vulnerabilities but as a backbone.

Derek and Ginger are a match made in heaven. Derek can be a little overbearing and demanding but what’s so great is that Ginger never lets him walk all over her. She’s a Southern girl and she doesn’t let Derek forget it for one second. I loved the way Ginger stood up for herself when Derek was making assumptions about her. She definitely put him in her place and for someone like Derek, that must have caused him to step back and re-evaluate her.

The best part of this book though has it be that filthy mouth that Derek has. Oh Lordy, he loves to talk dirty, and you know me, I loved every damn crude word that escaped his lips!

“Do you feel that, baby? That’s your man moving inside you”

Unf!

I may need a moment to air out my downtown area.

But wait! There’s more…can’t forget this line either…
“The longer it takes me to get between your thighs, the rougher I’m going to be when I finally get there. Understand?”

That’s it, I’m in love! Bailey knows how to write an alpha-hole hero. Mmm mmm.

As much as I LOVE Derek’s naughty side, he also has another side of him that made me love him too. Though he isn’t the type to fully woo a lady with sweet words and wine and dine her, he does have a sensitive side.

She shook her head. “You don’t understand.”
“Help me, then.”

That’s to me, is almost as good as the dirty talk

Another great thing about this book is Ginger’s relationship with her sister, Willa. These two put together would make the best reality show ever. With their smart mouths and quick comebacks, I immediately fell in love with their characters. Readers also get a chance to see Willa fall in love. She is so cute!

PROTECTING WHAT’S HIS ticked all my boxes of what I want in a good book- an imperfect, but loveable heroine, an alpha-hole hero who loves to talk dirty, humor and a touch of suspense. You really, really need to read this book!