Rock Chick Rescue
Kristen Ashley
Gabriel's Rapture
Sylvain Reynard
Short Rides (Rough Riders, #14.5) - Lorelei James SHORT RIDES is an anthology comprised of two novellas and a short story set in the Rough Riders world. None of the stories are meant to be as standalone stories, but instead are companion stories to previous books in the series.

KING OF HEARTS is a sneak peek into the life of Deputy Cam McKay where he is faced with a murder/suicide on Valentine’s Day. The event hits him hard and brings back old ghosts that haunt him to this day. The angst is potent and all-consuming, but so is the love that his wife, Domini and his many children provide him.

As Cam struggles to keep his demons at bay, readers are once again reminded of the tortured hero that Cam really is and how his journey from a damaged solider, to a responsible cop to a loving father is the biggest transformation of the series. This story was the shortest of the anthology, however I think it held the most heart out of them all.

ROUGH ROAD follows Chassie, Trevor, and Edgard Glanzer on a romantic getaway for their anniversary. Because of their unique relationship involving two men and one woman, many outsiders still don’t understand how they could live that way and as a result, Chassie, Trevor and Edgard are a constant source of criticism. However, all three of them are so content in their relationship that together, they seem stronger for it.

By far the most sexiest of all the stories, Chassie, Trevor and Edgard remind readers of just how well they work together. James pens a convincing permanent threesome that reminds one of my favorites to this day.

Lastly, ALL KNOCKED UP is my favorite of the anthology and it deals with Jack Donohue and his very irritable - and pregnant - wife, Keely. If you’ve read the series already, then you know what a feisty character Keely is. Imagine that but ten times worse because of her pregnancy hormones. James has immense fun with this short story and it will be sure to gather some laughs. I love the way James is so readily able to bring forth charm and sexiness into her books while also keeping the heat and the heart. ALL KNOCKED UP reminds me of why I adore this series so much. Fusing together heat and heart, James once again proves just how talented a storyteller she is!

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction